Phillip Island Leisure Centre's gymnastics school offers a range of programs from children aged two and a half years, through to school-aged children preparing for gymnastics competitions. Our qualified gymnastics experts help our students develop new skills which can be transferred into their everyday lives. We are proudly affiliated with Gymnastics Australia and Gymnastics Victoria.
We are excited to be restarting our gymnastics program from the week commencing on Monday 25 January.
Our COVID-safe practices and revised lesson plans have ensured we can provide the safest program possible for our staff and gymnasts.
We’ve taken some time to reshape our program timetable, ensuring our gymnasts are ready to achieve their best and progress as we get them active again.
To get your child involved in our program please complete the expression of interest form.
Should you need to contact us please do so via firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively you can book a call back appointment for a time that suits you and a member of our team will contact you directly.
General return information
- Please only arrive at the centre a couple of minutes prior to your class time.
- We are encouraging parents to not remain on site with their child, please speak to a staff member if you feel you need to stay. No siblings will be able to enter the gym area or stay on site.
- We ask that gymnasts please come prepared to participate by wearing appropriate clothing and toileting prior to class start.
- All members, guests and staff will be required to undergo a temperature check on arrival. We cannot allow entry to anyone with a temperature 38 degrees or above.
- Please bring a filled water bottle, as the water fountain may not be available.
- If your child is unwell or has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please do not attend your scheduled class and contact the centre immediately.
- Please bring your membership card to check into class
- A coach will greet your child in the foyer and assist them to sign in to class and enter the stadium area.
- Your child will exit the stadium at the skate park end of the stadium so please park in Park St and wait for your child in the gravel car turn around. For safety reasons, please do not drive in to the gravel area.
The Victorian Government requires us to be able to trace everyone who attends our facility. Specifically, we must record your name, contact number and time of attendance. To ensure your information is stored and managed correctly, we're using the Victorian Government contact tracing system (the Service Victoria app).
All walk-ins of the facility will be required to check in as follows:
How to check-in
- Download and open the Service Victoria app
a. Apple Devices
b. Android Devices
- Scan the QR code (displayed at the entrance of the area) and follow the prompts on your phone to check-in before you enter.
- Show the 'Checked-in' screen with green tick to staff as you enter our facility.
Please ensure you complete each step when entering the facility. Those unable to access a device for contact tracing will need to complete a manual log-in with a member of staff at reception.
We appreciate your cooperation with contact tracing to keep our community safe.
More information on the contact tracing system can be found on the Victorian Government website.